Click Image for campaign information.....
FACT: Things won’t change unless WE get ACTIVE in this thang!
Entry is Free.
Must be 16 or older.
Must be registered to vote.
First come. First served.
Not Registered to Vote?
Get register in advance at the links below or do it at the door.
If you are 16 or 17, you can
If you are 18+, you can register http://doit4thetown.org/register/
Ticket here: bit.ly/2RKdCzu
Need more info? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
#fam1stfam #doit4thetown #doit4theculture
Voter Education + Multi Media Internship
*** Seeking writers/journalist, social media strategists, graphic designers, and videographers ***
Location: Oakland, CA
Deadline: Hiring ASAP
Our mission is to empower and educate Oakland’s underprivileged youth by building their self-esteem and academic learning skills to thrive, advocate and succeed. We are launching the DO IT 4 THE TOWN initiative to ensure that young people in Oakland exercise their power by participating in the decisions that are made at city hall around housing, police, and the culture – and WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are seeking three (3) passionate, energetic and enthusiastic 16-22 years to join the
DO IT 4 THE TOWN Team as an Intern for Fall 2018. This is a paid position.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool with experience/interest in any of the following areas:
* Research and public policy
* Voting rights and social justice issues
* Organizing and civic engagement
* Video and graphic design production
* Journalism and writing
* Campaigns and elections
* Additional duties as needed.
Each intern’s responsibilities will be customized based on their experience, interests, and the organization’s need, and may include any combination of the following:
* Produce short videos. Write blogs. Create viral social media ads. Interview others.
* Manage social media. Organize young people online and in person.
* Help to plan and organize volunteers for a Community Benefit + Voter Education Concert that will happen on Saturday, October 20 hosted by Mr. FAB with other local artists to ensure creative experiences that support and promote the DO IT FOR THE TOWN objectives.
* Develop and organize a variety of resources to engage and educate young people about elections and voting rights issues.
* Support the multimedia team by researching and outreaching to strategic partners.
* Update the DO IT FOR THE TOWN social media and web sites.
* Maintain DO IT FOR THE TOWN’s art and image assets to maximize content creation and distribution;
* Manage communications online during a webcast candidate forum, including answering questions about registration and election deadlines and processes.
The ideal interns hella love Oakland, are comfortable working with a team and have a passion to maintain the culture of Oakland. Please apply if you are/can/have:
* Good ideas about how to engage millennials to care about voting and getting involved in the decision making process at Oakland City Hall.
* Collaborate with other team members.
* A leader and influencer in Oakland and/or online.
* Detail-oriented, well-organized, fast learner, and can multitask.
* Good humor and creativity.
* Don’t mind talking to people and engaging your friends and peers.
* Passionate about keeping Oakland a place where young people can afford to live.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and 1 reference. If there are any writing samples or a portfolio you would like to include, you may attach them to your email.
Please include “Fall 2018 Intern” in the subject line and indicate (1) your earliest possible start date and (2) the number of hours/week you are available in the body of the email.
In your coverletter, please mention if you have experience with:
* Journalism, communications, and/or public relations; * Organizing and civic engagement
* Elections and/or campaigns; * Research and/or policy; * Video production; * Event planning and/or fundraising; * Developing and/or setting up new projects and programs;
If you are interested in helping with this important initiative, please do not hesitate to apply.